Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Overcoming fear… And how I am treating myself…


I have the very best job in the world, Every day I meet lovely people and every day I get to make a difference to their lives. I am a great acupuncturist at least 85% of the people who walk through my door get better… those are pretty amazing statistics, in fact so amazing that even I am amazed!!
acupuntura majorca
But I have to remember that I am running a business, I frequently I wish I could just treat people because they are poorly and there was no business involved. But sadly my landlord, Gesa and Telefonica don’t have the same idea.
Whilst discharging my patients is THE best feeling it also fills me with fear.  I hate fear, it is the most destructive of reactions as it makes you stand still like a rabbit in the headlights, and not move forwards. So why does it fill me with fear?…. because it means I have to do what I am not good at which is… marketing.
So many of my marketing savvy friends offer me heaps of advice, help and even just a shoulder to cry on (read moan… I don’t really cry…well not in public) but I am busy standing still and being terrified. Now you would think with an 85% success rate what would I be terrified of, Acupuncture is amazing, it works… I have gazillions of testimonials to prove it. So in reality there is absolutely nothing to be afraid of… I get people better, they tell other people, my phone rings, I get the chance to help other people get better and Pay the rent toboot easy you may think  but sadly it doesn’t work quite like that… I am afraid the phone will never ring again!!
 
“Thanks Annie, for the treatment I have received so far. I am pleased you introduced me to acupuncture, after only several sessions I have felt definite positive changes to my mindset, more grounded and relaxed and able to think clearer. I was amazed to experience for myself that the effects of acupuncture began to last longer and longer from days to weeks and are lasting longer after each session. It is definitely well worth employing this method for anyone seeking a more peaceful state of mind, and Annie has always made sure to follow my progress and answer any questions with regards to the treatment with great care and enthusiasm. Thoroughly recommended”
“Acupuncture has really helped with my excema and hayfever, but not only that it has also given me a real sense of wellbeing. You have got to try it! its like nothing else.”
“Thank you so much for the treat of a morning. I have felt so great all day, nothing has felt like too much today, I have enjoyed everything I have done, since leaving you. I have felt so calm, instead of screaming I have cuddled. Thanks to your magic needles but also to you, what a wonderful lady. See you soon xx”
“I´m SO glad I decided it was time to go the acupuncture route with you! My hubster is a new man and pain free for the 1st time in ages! You are a miracle worker xx Thank you, Anne! 
“Thank u Anne. Pulled a muscle in my back that literally stopped me in my tracks.. Couldn’t walk without using a stick let alone work. Amazing after 5 treatments with Anne fit enough for work ( cleaning -very physical stuff) . Can’t recommend acupuncture enough and Anne, who is just an angel in disguise who works magic”  
So today’s post is about overcoming fear… And how I am treating myself:
In Chinese Medicine Theory Fear is associated with the Kidneys. And this is why… and if you stay with it it is really, really interesting especially the relationship with the adrenal glands…
 
Known as the ‘Minister of Power’, the kidney is regarded as the body’s most important reservoir of essential energy. The original prenatal energy that which we get from our parents (yuan chee) forms the basis of life is stored in the kidney organ-energy system, which is why the kidneys are also known as the ‘Root of Life’. In the Chinese view, the kidney organ system also includes the adrenal glands, which consist of the adrenal medulla and the adrenal cortex. These glands sit like hats on top of the kidneys and secrete a wide range of essential hormones that regulate metabolism, excretion, immunity, sexual potency and fertility and very importantly adrenaline…. that is the fight and flight hormone!!
In physiological terms of course The kidneys are responsible for filtering waste metabolites from the blood and moving them onwards to the bladder for excretion in urine.The kidneys control the balance of fluids in the body. In addition, they regulate the body’s acid-alkaline balance (pH) by selectively filtering out or retaining various minerals.
The kidneys, particularly the adrenal glands, are especially vulnerable to damage from excessive stress
The kidneys control the growth and development of bones and nourish the marrow, which is the body’s source of red and white blood cells.Weak kidney energy is therefore a prime cause of anemia and immune deficiency. (The Chinese view the spinal cord and the brain as forms of marrow) and therefore poor memory, inability to think clearly, and backache are all regarded as indicators of impaired kidney function and deficient kidney energy.
Kidney vitality is reflected externally by the condition of head and body hair and is associated with the aperture of the ears. Tinnitus (ringing ears) is thus a sign of kidney dysfunction. The kidneys are the seat of courage and willpower, and therefore any impairment in kidney energy results in feelings of fear and paranoia. Intense fear can cause involuntary urination, a phenomenon also known to Western medicine.”
All very interesting stuff… and it is possible to see some correlation with western medicine and chinese theory too.
So what am I doing…. well..I am sticking needles in myself…. I am using some points around my ankles, on my tummy and on my wrists. I have also changed my diet, For Kidney yin deficiency you need foods which calm the nervous system, your mind and help build the fluids of the body. Foods that are helpful are sweet potatoes, pumkin, potatoes, string beans, lemons, black beans, kidney beans, fish, oysters, clams, duck, and chicken eggs. ( I am omitting the oysters and clams as I am extremely allergic to them) Kidney Yin deficiency is aggravated by caffeine, alcohol, sugar and strong spices, So since I love curry, wine and my morning cuppa …if you see me be kind…. very very kind :D
So the question is,  will changing my lifestyle and treating my Kidney Yin deficiency help with my fear issues….and make me a better marketer??  watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment